How to Obtain a Residence Permit in England

A residence permit for the UK can be one of the most difficult permits to obtain.  Residence permits for foreigners in the UK can be obtained a few different ways. Our residence consultancy firm can help you to determine which road is the most practical for you to take.

Becoming a European citizen has to start somewhere. Why not England? Securing a residence permit for the UK can open up a world of opportunities.   There are some very clear benefits to securing residency in the UK like:
• Access to low cost/no cost health care.
• Access to free higher education.
• Housing and property opportunities.
• Advantageous economic positioning.

The UK has a lot to offer on both a professional and personal level but the process of obtaining a residence permit for the UK absolutely requires professional assistance. The UK has taken steps to tighten the restrictions on receiving a residence permit but with the right support from our consultancy firm it is still a possibility.


Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa

The Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa is one of the easiest ways (with the right support from our consultancy) to get to permanent residence status. You will need:
• £200,000 to invest in a business
• Be able to speak English
• Be at least 16 years old
• Meet the other eligibility requirements (see below)

We can help you with new company formation to help you meet the eligibility requirements.

You must:
• Not be a citizen of the EEA (European Economic Area) or Switzerland
• Show that you can support yourself during your stay
• Provide evidence that you have at least £200,000 for investment in a business.
• Score 95 points on the immigration review

We can easily help you to generate the documents that you need and help you to ensure that you reach the 95 points that are needed for the visa.  This program can be an easy way to secure your residence permit that will be in good standing for 3 years 4 months and is extendable. It is also an easier road than others to permanent residence or “indefinite leave” status.  You can “share” investment funds with a partner, which would mean that you would have to have half of the investment and your partner would have to have half of the investment which would greatly reduce the costs.

With the right advice you can find the right business or the right investment opportunity with the right consultancy on your side. Business consultation is part of our services. You can rest assured that we will do everything in our power to help you secure the right resident permit for your needs.

Our friendly professional staff is here to help you with:
• Business consulting
• Company formation stages
• Setting up a limited liability company
• And meeting all the documentation requirements

Call for your free consultation to get the answers you need about an entrepreneur visa.

The Investor Visa

Tier 1 investment platform is another option. To obtain this residence permit you have to meet some very stringent requirements:
• £2,000,000 to invest in the UK
• You must originate from outside the EEA (European Economic Area)
• Meet the other eligibility requirements (see below)
• You also are responsible for paying the medical surcharge.

What Can You Invest in?

There are also investment rules as well:
• You can invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds
• You can invest the same 2 million pounds in loan capital, share capital in active and trading UK registered companies

You are able to:
• work or study
• apply for permanent resident status after 5 years and for a citizenship after 6 years, if you have invested £2 million
• apply for permanent resident status after 4 years and for a citizenship after 5 years, if you have invested £5 million
• apply for permanent resident status after 2 years and for a citizenship after 5 years, if you have invested £10 million

You CANNOT Invest in:
Companies whose primary purpose is property development, property management or property investment.

Eligibility under the Investors Residence Permit

To be eligible to apply you must:
• Be at least 18 years of age or older
• Be able to prove that the money is either yours or your spouses.
• Open a UK bank account.
• The money must be able to be spent freely in the UK.
• The money can be in a UK or overseas financial institution when you apply.

 Documents that you will need for either the Tier 1 Entrepreneur or Tier 1 Investor:
• TB test results (from certain countries of origin, we will let you know if this applies to you)
• Passport sized picture
• A criminal record certificate from any country that you have lived in for 12 months or more
• Evidence that you have the funds available to make the investment. This can be a letter from your financial institution or proof of inheritance if you have not held the money for at least 3 months.

All documents must be translated into Welsh or English. All monies must be available to be converted to Sterling that is the equivalent.

Let Us Help

We offer full disclosure about all of the programs that are available to secure residency in the UK. Our staff is committed to helping you enjoy the benefits of having a UK residency card and taking advantage of all the opportunities that are available from holding that card.

Innveso Consulting offers a service that is completely transparent and that can provide you with the professional support you need no matter what road you plan on taking to secure a residence permit for the UK.

Request a Free Consultation

Our best specialists will answer all your questions