Residence Permit in Turkey
How to Get a Residence Permit in Turkey?
If you plan on staying in Turkey more than 90 days within a 180-day period, you will have to apply for a residence permit (ikamet). Our consultants can help to process your permit paperwork. There are very specific requirements when it comes to the type of paperwork that has to be processed. It is strongly encouraged that you do not overstay your visa period without applying for a residence permit or you risk penalties and fines. We can help!
The Turkish Law defines 6 categories of residence permits:
- Short-term residence permit
- Long-term (unlimited) residence permit
- Residence permit for persons who are victims of human trafficking
Each path has different caveats that you will have to comply with.
Short Term Residence Permit in Turkey:
A short-term residence permit can be issued for six months, a year or two years with the possibility of subsequent extension. Ikamet gives the right to legally reside in Turkey; leave and enter the country an unlimited number of times; and also gives most civil rights: the ability to open a bank account, get a mortgage, place children in an educational institution, etc.
You can get a short-term residence permit in Turkey as:
- Real estate owner: from April 2022, Turkey introduced a minimum threshold for the value of real estate to obtain a residence permit: 75,000 USD in metropolitan municipalities (Istanbul, Ankara, Antalya, Izmir, Mersin and others), and 50,000 USD in other provinces. This residence permit is issued for a period of 1 to 2 years, with the right to permanent extension, as long as the property remains in ownership.
- Tourist: this residence permit in Turkey can be obtained by purchasing a property below the minimum threshold or by concluding a long-term lease. A residence permit is issued for a period of one year and does not give the right to work in Turkey, but there are no restrictions on remote work or company registration.
- Business Owner: This residence permit is issued to foreign citizens who wish to open and run a business in Turkey, as well as for business meetings, business research, etc. Issued for 1 year.
- An employee of a Turkish company: issued on the basis of an employment contract with a Turkish company for 1 year with the possibility of extension.
- Patient of a medical institution: this residence permit is issued for the duration of treatment.
- A foreign citizen studying Turkish language: this residence permit requires registration at a language school in Turkey. Issued for the period of study, but not more than 1 year. This residence permit can be obtained not more than 2 times.
The first step in the process is to contact one of our consultants that can provide you with your options so that you can decide what option will best meet your goals. If you own immovable property in Turkey that is cause for an application, if you are married to a Turkish citizen, if you have business partnerships or are opening a business in Turkey you can apply for residence permit.
First Steps in the process:
• Contact our specialist
• Agree to the terms of the contract
• Send us the necessary documents
• Wait for your residence permit to be approved.
Depending on which option best meets your goals we can assist with a wide range of activities to help you to further your goals and ensure the timely processing of your application. Our goal is to provide you with all the support you need to get your residence permit issued.
Our consultancy can help you to secure all the documentation that you need to move quickly on getting your permit approved.
With the help of our company, you can get all the necessary services in Turkey from one source:
– Visa application
– Obtaining a residence permit
– Opening a bank account (also prior obtaining a Turkish residence permit)
– Selection of real estate
– Obtaining a Turkish tax number
– Company registration
– Translation and notarization of documents
Contact our specialist today and get a free consultation and all the necessary information regarding obtaining the necessary services in Turkey!